Sunday, June 9, 2013

movie review : PEE MAK

**SPOILER ALERT**

Though I'm not really a fan of horror movies, something caught my attention when I saw the trailer of Pee Mak. It reminds me of Nang Nak, a horror@tragic@romantic movie that I watched ages ago. So, paid for my ticket and waited for the movie to start. The first minute was really promising in a sense that it might be scary after all. After that, not so scary, I mean, not scary at all. There were a few funny moments and some surprising scene but that was about it in the horror department. But wait, there's more....

When we got to the carnival, especially at the scene where Nak was talking to Mak while on the Ferris wheel, suddenly i got the feeling that this is not even a horror story. As cold as i might be, I was actually touched. I could hear a few awwww and aaaaa from the girls while one ah pek kept on laughing for no apparent reason (his laugh was really annoying). Then the part where some girls actually cried in the cinema, the temple scene. Here, Pee Mak chose a different path than Nang Nak. In Nang Nak, the ghost of Nak left for the netherworl after some effort from the most prominent Buddhist Monk in Siam. But in Pee Mak, through their conversation, you could sense just how much Mak really loves his wife even after knowing that Nak was already dead to a point in a flashback Mak hugged and kissed the corpse of Nak. I was trying my best to hold back my tears(so much for being a tough,cold-hearted guy).

In the end,it was a good movie with humours horrors and romance.

for me, I would rate it 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment